A section of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) office in Gombe State was gutted by fire on Friday.
It was gathered that the fire affected a segment of the complex particularly the office of the controller of the branch.
It was also learned that some workers in the complex were rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe after inhaling carbon monoxide.
“So far, no life was lost but due to the smoke though some workers were rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe. It majorly affected the office of the controller but it didn’t extend to the vault,” a source in the office told our correspondent.
Meanwhile, The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has reported a fire incident at its Gombe state branch.
According to the report, the fire was a minor incident and has been promptly put out started from an electric fault, and damaged some of the furniture at the office of the branch controller.
The report which was published via CBN official Twitter account also said that there was no injury nor was any asset lost in the fire incident.
The Twitter post reads “Today, a minor fire incident was reported at our Gombe branch. The fire which started from an electric fault and partially destroyed some furniture in the branch controller’s office was promptly put out. There was no injury and no record or other assets of the bank were affected”