Ihedioha reinstituted the monthly Governor’s Prize for the Cleanest Local Government Area, as well as the Cleanest Autonomous Community, Primary School and Secondary School, respectively in each LGA.
Ihedioha also reinstituted the monthly Governor’s Prize to be given to the cleanest local government area in the state as well as the cleanest autonomous community, primary school and secondary school, respectively in each LGA.
In a statement by Chibuike Onyeukwu, the chief press secretary to the governor, a Planning, Sensitization and Implementation committee has been appointed and approved for the July 2019 clean-up exercise. The governor said the committee chaired by former governor Ikedi Ohakim is to source for sponsorships and partners, organize “Ihedioha Green Volunteers”, create and manage brand materials, publicity and media, organize and manage the evacuation of refuse and dump sites, enforce total compliance, recommend and organize Governor’s Prize and Audit and handover for August committee.
To this effect, His Excellency has approved the appointment of a Planning, Sensitization and Implementation Committee for the July, 2019 clean-up exercise as follows;
- H.E. Dr. Ikedi Ohakim – Chairman
2. Commander, 34 Artillery Brigade – Deputy Chairman
3. Hon. Alex Emeziem – Secretary
4. Commissioner of Police, Imo State – Member
5. Chairman, State Council of Traditional Rulers – Member
6. Coordinating Chairman, LGAs – Member
7. SUG Presidents; IMSU, FUTO, Fed. Poly. Nekede, Imo State Polytechnic, AIFCE, FECOLART – Members
8. Chairman, CAN, Imo State – Member
9. Chairman, NURTW, Imo State – Member
10. Chairman, NUT, Imo State – Member
11. Chairman, NLC, Imo State – Member
12. Chairman, PFN, Imo State – Member
13. Chairman, COREN, Imo State – Member
14. Chinedu Chukwuonye – Member
15. Okechukwu Opara – Member
16. Prince Eze Ugochukwu – Member
17. Rex Okoro – Member
18. Mrs. Beatrice Nkwo – Member
The Committee is charged with the following mandate;
- Source for sponsorships/Partners, including, but not limited to;
c. Construction companies
d. Telecom companies
f. Other businesses
- Organize “Ihedioha Green Volunteers”.
3. Create and manage brand materials, publicity and media
4. Organize and manage the evacuation of refuse and dump sites
5. Enforce total compliance
6. Recommend and organize Governor’s Prize
7. Audit and handover for August committee, etc
His Excellency further directs that action should be concluded immediately on the above task.